I know a lot of people may not think that music is an important part of peoples lives, but from my experience they are wrong. For many people it may not seem like music offers much, but in reality it does. Music is more than just a silence filler or something that just takes up time so that you have something to listen too. For many people it is the only form of relief from the stress of the day or a way for them to get past something that has happened in your life.
- Music is a form of stress relief.
– Just think of the last time that you were really stressed from work, or you had a bad day at school. Maybe you had a really bad argument with you significant other. How do you get rid of the stress that was caused from any of these examples? Some may use exercise or food, some people even turn to drugs or alcohol. But one of the best ways to get rid of stress is with music. Music can calm a person down, even make them feel like you aren’t so pressed for time.
2. Music goes along with your emotions
– From an article I found on PsychCentral written by Nathan Feiles
called “How Music Impacts, Helps Our Emotions” he states that “Music unquestionably affects our emotions. We tend to listen to music that reflects our mood. When we’re happy we may listen to upbeat music; when we’re sad we may listen to slower, moving songs; when we’re angry we may listen to darker music with heavy guitar, drums, and vocals that reflect our level of anger.” From this and from your own personal experiences you can probably agree that when you listen to music it probably fits with your mood. When you go through a breakup you may listen to sad love songs, If you are about to work out you may listen to songs that pump you up. Even if you are about to drink you may listen to songs that make you want to party and keep you awake, or you may listen to very relaxing music if you are trying to fall asleep. But you can agree that music really follows the type of mood that you may be in at that point and time.
3. Music is something that can surpass all prejudices and can really bring people together.
– Music is one thing that can bring people together, even if you may come from different backgrounds, music is something that connects all kinds of people. Malini Mohana
in her article Music & How It Impacts Your Brain, Emotions
she states that music is like a “language of emotion” across cultures. Music is one of the few things that all people can agree upon. We may not all get along when it comes to other matters in the world whether it be politics, race issues, or anything else but when it comes to music other things seem not to matter. From my personal experiences music seems to make things that seem important at the time not matter.